Homer, Alaska… Recent macro photography

I wanted to share my favorite place to just wander with my camera and macro lens….the beach on the Homer Spit! I just walked the beach looking for treasures and listening to the waves crash ashore. I grew up in and around Homer. I miss the ocean and miss the windy, salty air. Some of my favorite childhood memories include the muddy beaches of the Kenai Peninsula so these images are special to me. I love the simple beauty, color palate and worn texture found in these images. Here are a few from our trip to the Homer Spit. I have 100’s to go through but these were some of my personal favorites…
laura stoddard photography homer

1. Vanessa German of Vanessa G. Photography posted the following on May 17, 2011 at 8:15 pm.

Wow. I’ve never seen a purple starfish. Thanks for sharing the beautiful things you saw.

2. Laurie Terry posted the following on May 18, 2011 at 8:46 am.

What a great collection of Macro images. I’m just loving that they are all in the same tones, blending together so nicely. They are just stunning! Nice work.

3. Shades of You Photography/Dallas portrait photographer posted the following on May 18, 2011 at 9:05 am.

These are really cool. I want a macro lens so badly. You just made me jealous :)

4. Tina posted the following on May 18, 2011 at 1:38 pm.

AWESOME IMAGES! I LOVE LOVE that last one with the purple sea star… HOW COOL!

5. Melissa Butscher posted the following on May 18, 2011 at 8:53 pm.

The starfish is my favorite, but they all make me want to run out and buy a macro lens. Love the details.

6. Bring to Light Photography posted the following on May 19, 2011 at 4:55 pm.

WOW! These macro shots are stunning – hope you are planning to print a few to hang in your house!

7. Doyea Photography ~ Grand Forks, North Dakota Photographer posted the following on May 21, 2011 at 7:40 pm.

Great images. I would so hang some of these in my house.

8. Columbus Ohio Photographer | Danielle Neil posted the following on May 23, 2011 at 7:33 am.

Gorgeous macro work!!

9. Sarah Metz | Art Soul Photo | Bay Area Newborn Photographer posted the following on May 23, 2011 at 10:52 am.

WOW – Love these! Lucky you to live near such an amazing place. SO cool.

10. beth posted the following on May 23, 2011 at 6:40 pm.

beautiful images.

11. Simplicity By Christy | Huntsville Newborn Photographer posted the following on May 25, 2011 at 11:09 am.

The mountains are gorgeous! The starfish is so wonderful to see and so unusual.

12. Debra Engelken posted the following on May 25, 2011 at 8:36 pm.

The top right image- is that a jelly fish? This is my favorite. Thanks for sharing the beauty from such a lovely place!